Random coffee Facts
Since strange, random realities make me personally tick almost as loudly as coffee does, I became oh-so-glad to be directed into frequent Shot of Coffee because of this quotidian does of obscure nuggets about my morning (and afternoon…) beverage of preference. Culled through the book, Uncommon Grounds: the real history Of Coffee, listed here are ten amusing curiosities–for more on caffeine urban myths and realities as coffee relates to wellness, see
1. At one point, Brazil had such a coffee surplus which they tried to get a hold of other utilizes for this, including using it in order to make synthetic.
2. The planet record for many coffee usage is 82 cups of coffee in 7 hours.
5. Coffee was so scarce in Germany that during WWII “coffee bombs” or bags of coffee had been dropped from planes to turn the individuals against their particular government.
6. In Staten Island, there’s a restaurant owner that drinks fifty cups of coffee a day.
7. The celebrity who played the Wicked Witch of this western when you look at the Wizard Of Oz, Margaret Hamilton, was advertising Maxwell House in 1970′s.
8. There’s a tourist company for folks planning to just take coffee vacations labeled as Cafe Away.
9. Norway drinks more coffee per individual. The usa is ranked quantity 12.
10. The actual only real destination where coffee is cultivated in the us is Hawaii.